Almond Blueberry Scones Gluten Free
Perfect breakfast, mid-moring or afternoon snack.
To say these almond blueberry scones is a new addiction may seem like an exaggeration, but honestly these Almond Blueberry Scones is just unbelievably good.😋
Why do I love these almond blueberry scones so much?
✔ Clean, simple ingredients!
The best part of this recipe is that it didn’t require a “truckload” of sweetener.
A lot of recipes will say “no sugar added” but then they load it up with the sugar alternatives, not the case here for these almond blueberry scones.
Infact, almond flour is naturally sweet so if you wanted to, you could easily reduce the amount of sweetener here even though it’s only three tablespoons.
Ingredients you will need for almond blueberry scones:
- 2 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp Monkfruit (or any other type of granulated sweetener). I Used ECOIDEAS coconut sweetener
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Flax Egg
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (MCT used in this recipe)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries (defrosted if frozen)
Prepare Flax Egg
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fareinheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare flax egg and allow to sit for at least 5 mins (1 tbsp ground flax seed plus 3 tbsp water)
Prepare DRY ingredients for almond blueberry scones
- Using a large mixing bowl – whisk dry ingredients together
- Add all the liquid ingredients
- Stir the ingredients together. Sprinkle in the blueberries (drain excess water if using frozen berries).
- Use your hands to knead the dough to form a ball.
- Place the dough ball into an 8inch round baking pan or any other round dish. Press the dough ball and flatten into a thick round disk.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the disk into 8 even triangles to make 8 scones.
Place almond blueberry scones on baking sheet
Place on prepared baking tray. Slightly separate each almond blueberry scone to allow heat to evenly cook around them.
Cook for 25-27 minutes, or until it is slightly brown
Allow to cool completely (otherwise they may fall apart)
Seriously you’ll have a hard time sharing this one. Enjoy!
Would you help someone who is struggling to find great dessert recipes?
May I humbly ask that your share this page with someone who you think is struggling to find healthy desserts without a truckload of sugar added to it.
Ingredient list: Flour Blend (Teff flour, Gluten Free Oat flour, Arrowroot flour, Brown Rice flour, Buckwheat flour, Coconut flour), Raisins, Gluten Free Oat Flakes, Chia seeds, Teff Whole Grain, Ground Flax Seeds, Chocolate Flavour, Vanilla, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt.
Ingredient list: Flour Blend (Teff flour, Gluten Free Oat flour, Arrowroot flour, Brown Rice flour, Buckwheat flour, Coconut flour), Gluten Free Oat Flakes, Apricot, Crystallized Ginger, Chia Seeds, Teff Whole Grain, Ground Flax Seeds, Vanilla, Ginger Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt.
Ingredient list: Flour Blend (Teff flour, Gluten Free Oat flour, Arrowroot flour, Brown Rice flour, Buckwheat flour, Coconut flour), Gluten Free Oat Flakes, Glazed Citrus, Tigernut Slices, Raisins, Chia Seeds, Teff Whole Grain, Ground Flax Seeds, Vanilla, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Citric Acid.